lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Timeout question

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Timeout question
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2018 10:08:11 +0100

Hi Ivan,

On Tue, Nov 06, 2018 at 09:52:24AM +0100, Ivan Warren wrote:

> My questions are :
>
> - How often should I invoke sys_check_timeouts() (every ms, every 10 ms,
> every second) - or (better) is there a way to determine (after any state
> change obviously) when the next timeout is due ?

Is sys_timeouts_sleeptime what you are looking for ?

> - does sys_now/sys_jiffies have to be exactly milleseconds or would powers
> of 2 do ? (I have a microsecond counter and a 12 right shift would make a
> nice 1024 microseconds - making sys_now() sys_jiffies return the number of
> "1.024" ms... would that work ?)

No problem, there are not strict timers in a IP stack, after all -2.4%
is even better that some internal RC clocks. That's apply to sys_now,
concerning sys_jiffies there are no requirements at all since it can be
bound to any free running timer.

Sylvain