lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] UDP and TCP concurrent operation causing fault

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] UDP and TCP concurrent operation causing fault
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2018 20:07:02 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 05:59:58PM +0000, Applebee, Robert wrote:

> My application is built with LWIP 1.4.1 running on a TI MCU and uses
> raw TCP and raw UDP calls, no RTOS.

lwIP 1.4.1 was released 6 years ago…

> This is my main loop that outputs the UDP:
>
>     // allocate pbuf for UDP
>     p=pbuf_alloc(PBUF_TRANSPORT, 32, PBUF_RAM);
>
>     //
>     // Loop forever, processing the LED blinking.  All the work is done in
>     // interrupt handlers.

This doesn't seem right, are you sure you are not violating lwIP
threading/contexts requirements ?

http://www.nongnu.org/lwip/2_1_x/pitfalls.html

RAW API (udp_*, tcp_*, netif_*, …) is not thread nor IRQ safe!!!

>     while(1)
>     {

Where are you calling lwIP timeouts in this loop ?

Sylvain