lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Application callback for dhcp reboot with unchanged add

From: Niklas Gürtler
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Application callback for dhcp reboot with unchanged address
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 10:14:13 +0100

On 11/28/18 10:02 AM, goldsimon wrote:

Niklas Gürtler" wrote:
[..]
When I restart my WiFi access point, the link is reconnected as
desired,
and lwIP performs a DHCP reboot and receives the same address as
before.
Unfortunately, in this case, the status callback is never called after
dhcp reboot. I think this is because in netif_do_set_ipaddr, the
"NETIF_STATUS_CALLBACK" only happens when the address is actually
different.

So, how do I know when the link is ready for TCP connections after a
WiFi re-association and DHCP reboot?
I think there might be missing something here. Would you mind filing a bug
report to our bugtracker to prevent this getting lost?

Thanks,
Simon