lwip-users

[lwip-users] tcpip_thread fetching freed messages

From: Kevin Buck
Subject: [lwip-users] tcpip_thread fetching freed messages
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 13:40:45 -0500

Hi,

I’ve been using LWIP version 2.1.2 on a system running an RTOS. I’ve been running into an issue where the tcpip_thread is fetching a message from the mbox that has already been freed and is crashing our program. The thread that frees the memory seems to quickly err out when it is trying to run the sys_arch_sem_wait. This normally occurs when trying to connect or send data on a new socket. I’ve tried tracing though the errors, but its been hard to say if its an error with the semaphore or there is a race condition we’ve introduced with having two different sockets in their own threads that are constantly opening and closing. The only memory errors I am getting are “out of memory in pool TCP_PCB”. Does anyone have any guidance on where I should focus my debug efforts for this particular issue?