lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] altcp_tls_mbedtls

From: Andy Pont
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] altcp_tls_mbedtls
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2019 08:54:23 +0000

Giuseppe wrote...

I'm trying to integrate lwip and mbedTLS on a project running on LPC1769 MCU from NXP. This MCU features 64kB SRAM in two separate banks of 32kB.
I don’t have any particular experience of the lwIP + mbedTLS combination that you are using and how to tune it but I have recently been working on a similar sounding project using the LPC1768.

The way that the memory ended up being partitioned was:

16K @ 0x2007C000 (AHBSRAM0) - Ethernet send and receive buffers / descriptors
16K @ 0x20080000 (AHBSRAM1) - Dedicated memory used for SSL
32K @ 0x10000000 (RAM) - System memory for remaining application

We had to be careful in the memory management to make sure that when memory was requested dynamically it was allocated from the right pool.

-Andy.