lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Problem with PPPoS connection cellular SIM800 with only

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Problem with PPPoS connection cellular SIM800 with only one cell operator
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 23:22:41 +0100

Hi Артём,

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 07:21:59PM +0300, Артём Скворцов wrote:
> Sylvain, thanks! Yes, LwIp is perfect!
> Finally I suppose that the cell operator rejects the PPP connection because
> of its internal reasons.
> But the internal IP stack of SIM800 module works fine!

Well, so I bet you just used the wrong protocol in the PDP type on your
AT+CGDCONT context. PPP PDP type is rarely supported. Using something
else than PPP for PDP type does not mean that PPP is not used for L2
protocol between your host and the modem. The protocol between you and
the modem is set in ATD, it is usually PPP and have no relation at all
with the PDP type.

Sylvain