lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] IP forwarding to/from PPP working for one netif, but no

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] IP forwarding to/from PPP working for one netif, but not another
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2020 02:04:55 +0100

Hi Simon,

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 10:11:23PM +0100, address@hidden wrote:

> Well, yes, my bad. The question wasn't phrased well. The thing I don't
> understand (because I'm not using it) probably all boils down to using
> lwIP as a PPP 'proxy' to remote networks without doing NAT at the same
> time (which we don't support in mainline). That's not standard routing...

Or the contrary, that's standard IP routing, it's just totally useless
with residential ISPs because most don't allow customers to add route
entries on their gateway so it's just a flat subnet with no routing
capability. Business ISPs usually offer the option, it's very common for
business customers to have a delegated subnet that's properly routable.

Sylvain