lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] DNS thread-safe functions

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] DNS thread-safe functions
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2020 12:42:21 +0100

address@hidden wrote:
> - LOCK_TCPIP_CORE / UNLOCK_TCPIP_CORE. They allow to access in exclusive way
> to TCIPIP mechanism. However, I don’t want interfere with the regular
> mechanisms of TCIPIP thread and of operating system;

You don't. Unless you explicitly set LWIP_TCPIP_CORE_LOCKING to 0, tcpip_thread
uses LOCK_TCPIP_CORE as well.

> [..]
> At this point I would like to know your position about the use of the
tcpip_api_call function instead of your suggestions. Is it an equally acceptable
> alternative from your point of view?.

No. It's an internal function that can change at any time. You can see that from
having to include a header with "priv" in its name to get the definition of the
struct used as 2nd parameter.

Regards,
Simon