lwip-users

[lwip-users] PPP_STATS_SUPPORT

From: Danish Ali
Subject: [lwip-users] PPP_STATS_SUPPORT
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2020 10:30:31 +0000

I have LWIP 2.1.2 running using PPPOS through a 4G modem.

I now want to route the PPPOS via CMUX mode so that I can receive SMS messages while leaving the PPP link up.

Although this largely works, I find it less reliable than without the CMUX wrapper, so I thought I might check if the PPP layer was rejecting anything as garbled.

Looking through ppp.h and ppp.c it seems there is an option PPP_STATS_SUPPORT which would collect statistics on the link. But if I #define PPP_STATS_SUPPORT 1 in lwipopts.h then compilation fails in ipcp.c with the error > netif/ppp/ipcp.c:2096:23: error: 'fsm' {aka 'struct fsm'} has no member named 'unit' > netif/ppp/ipcp.c:2129:24: error: 'fsm' {aka 'struct fsm'} has no member named 'unit'

The offending lines are
#if PPP_STATS_SUPPORT
    reset_link_stats(f->unit);
#endif /* PPP_STATS_SUPPORT */

#if PPP_STATS_SUPPORT
    /* XXX a bit IPv4-centric here, we only need to get the stats
     * before the interface is marked down. */
    /* XXX more correct: we must get the stats before running the notifiers,
     * at least for the radius plugin */
    update_link_stats(f->unit);
#endif /* PPP_STATS_SUPPORT */

Do you have any suggestions as to how I could either fix this or use an alternative way to monitor the PPP process.

Thanks,
Danish