lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Recommended WiFi module for use with lwIP

From: Freddie Chopin
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Recommended WiFi module for use with lwIP
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2020 08:35:19 +0200

On Sat, 2020-10-17 at 14:16 -0400, Trampas Stern wrote:
> I have used an ESP32 wifi module.  The ESP32 is a processor and on
> that process I use the Arduino libraries which use LWIP under the
> covers.  I then wrote a simple arduino script that makes the ESP32 be
> a socket interface via the SPI interface.   I use this for hosting an
> embedded web server. I was able to get about 1-2Mbps throughput.
> Using the ESP32 is very simple and there are lots of arduino based
> examples out there.

If possible, I would really prefer something that works "out of the
box" - without a need to write a custom firmware for the module itself
(;

BTW - in some older threads I've read that previous version of ESP chip
was a very bad match for using as such WiFi module with lwIP. How is
ESP32 different in that regard?

Regards,
FCh