lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Insufficent performance of LwIP stack - any suggestions

From: Trampas Stern
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Insufficent performance of LwIP stack - any suggestions?
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2020 09:08:30 -0500

Add some timing metrics to your code and figure out where you are getting your performance loss.  For example I would start at the MAC layer where you are writing data to the MAC/GMAC peripheral and see how long that is taking.   This in my experience has been the slow part.  That is often the drivers are not optimized by vendor to use DMA.