lwip-users

[lwip-users] When and how often are mtx/sem/mox new() and free() called?

From: Grant Edwards
Subject: [lwip-users] When and how often are mtx/sem/mox new() and free() called?
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 21:45:05 -0000 (UTC)

Another porting question, I'm afraid.

In deciding how to implement new/free operations for mailboxes,
semaphores, and mutexes, it would be helpful if I had some idea of
when and how often they are called.

Are execution times for these functions going to noticeably affect
performance of things like a small web server and MQTT client?

Or should I do things using a simple and obviously correct method.

I tend toward the latter unless warned beforehand that something is in
a time-critical path.

--
Grant