lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Bridge Port with DHCP

From: Shaofeng Cen
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Bridge Port with DHCP
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 15:59:22 +0800

After these days of hard work, I finally figure it out!

Let me explain what I have done.
I use LwIP bridge, add a port which has no mac address to the bridge. Add port and mac fdb to the bridge, so in func 'bridgeif_is_local_mac()' won't return 1. After that, bridgeif will search its fdb to get an output port. As we all know, the port is the port I added before.
In 'bridgeif_send_to_ports()', 'portif->linkoutput()' will be called. I connect 'linkoutput' to tap fd's write operation, so the pbuf data will write to the tap device.
I have tested DHCP in vm, it can get an IP.

In general, I use LwIP bridge and self-designed tapif, create a bridge network environment for vm.