lwip-users

[lwip-users] NTP DNS Resolve Failure Feedback

From: Hamish Banham
Subject: [lwip-users] NTP DNS Resolve Failure Feedback
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 09:38:57 +1000

Hi,

Devices deployed are currently losing NTP time when DNS lookup cannot be resolved. I believe I have found the issue in #61837 causing the ntp retry to report ERR_INPROGRESS and returning via if guard before enqueuing the next retry inside of sntp as the device finds an already enqueued request (which cannot be handled).
I am asking for feedback on bug report #61837, or if I am missing something in regards to handling the sntp state and issuing retries on a higher level, I am unsure if I am handling sntp correctly.

Kind regards,
Hamish Banham.