lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] How do I handle the ETHERNET cable unplug/replug on the

From: Indan Zupancic
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] How do I handle the ETHERNET cable unplug/replug on the server side using LWIP in a correct way?
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 12:15:33 +0200

Hello Hensel,

On 2022-08-29 18:16, Hensel, Christian wrote:
How can I handle the unplug replug on the server side using LWIP?

Make sure you call the lwIP functions from the correct thread.
To tell lwIP cross-task that the link is up or down, you can use:

tcpip_callback((tcpip_callback_fn)netif_set_link_up, netif);
tcpip_callback((tcpip_callback_fn)netif_set_link_down, netif);

LWIP_TCPIP_CORE_LOCKING must be enabled.

This is what we've been using for years now without any problems.

Greetings,

Indan