lwip-users

[lwip-users] Running multiple instances in same process

From: IraM
Subject: [lwip-users] Running multiple instances in same process
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 13:51:01 -0400

Hi all
I have a need to run multiple copies of lwip in the same process and memory
space.

It doesn’t seem to be straight forward Since lwip is written in C and has
globals spread around.
Perhaps if it was in C++ I would instantiate multiple objects.

Any ideas on how best to achieve this?

I could convert to C++ but I rather not make changes to the code so I can get
future updates more easily.

I don’t want to move this to multiple processes either.  Has to be same process
and memory address space.

Any thoughts on accomplishing this is appreciated