lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Raw TCP, intermittent long delays in accept after after

From: Geoff Simmons
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Raw TCP, intermittent long delays in accept after after close
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 06:58:55 +0200

On 10/20/22 21:53, goldsimon@gmx.de wrote:

See these comments on tcp_abort:

"The pcb is deallocated"

and

"ATTENTION: When calling this from one of the TCP callbacks, make
sure you always return ERR_ABRT (and never return ERR_ABRT otherwise
or you will risk accessing deallocated memory or memory leaks!"

For future readers searching the mail archive -- this has been corrected, and the fix appears to have eliminated the problem. The long delays on accept have not happened again, after invoking the test script many times.

The behavior I had described was supposed to have been for the case that tcp_close() returns ERR_MEM -- retain the pcb so that there is an opportunity for memory to be freed, and the close can be completed later in another callback. I had the error handling cases for tcp_close() mixed up.

Thanks for you help!
Geoff