lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] ARP forwarding

From: Eric Koldeweij
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] ARP forwarding
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 19:49:33 +0100

Hello,

You would need to implement a switch/bridge. LWIP is an IP stack which is something quite different.
Implementing a L2 bridge is not difficult but you do need to know the theory and I suggest a lot of reading. I have implemented bridges on Xilinx FPGA's many times, with or without LWIP. If you need to receive/send IP packets LWIP can be placed on top of your switch code.

I can recommend "The Switch Book" by Rich Seifert, ISBN 0-471-34586-5. Everything you need to know about Ethernet switching and much much more.

Regards,
Eric.