m17n-list

Re: [m17n-list] Use m17n maps on a windows computer

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: [m17n-list] Use m17n maps on a windows computer
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 18:33:23 +0900

A Happy New Year!

In article <address@hidden>, विश्वासो वासुकेयः (Vishvas Vasuki)
<address@hidden> writes:

> Several people are interested (eg: cc-ed) in finding a suitable (free) way
> to type devanAgarI for typing sanskrit on Windows OS (Google and Microsoft
> IME may not be good enough). Is there a way to use m17n maps on a windows
> computer with something like
> TSF<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Text_Services_Framework>?

I've never tried to port m17n-lib to Windows.  It may be
possible to compile it under Cygwin, but I have no idea
about how to utilize it from TSF.  Are there any Windows
programmers?

> (The same is required on Mac machines, but I am
> hoping<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/uim-en/s0KV9LRF-Hk>that
> UIM will do the job.)

As UIM has an interface with m17n-lib, if UIM works on Mac,
yes, you should be able to use m17n input methods on Mac.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden