m17n-list

Re: [m17n-list] hi-itrans fix upadmAnIya and jihvAmUlIya

From: Vishvas Vasuki
Subject: Re: [m17n-list] hi-itrans fix upadmAnIya and jihvAmUlIya
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 08:02:28 -0700

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 6:44 AM, K. Handa <address@hidden> wrote:
What is the reason of this chnage?
We were using the kannaDa characters for jihvAmUlIya and upadmAnIya as placeholders for devanAgarI ones (since they were not supported by many fonts). Now since font support for devanAgarI jihvAmUlIya and upadmAnIya has begun to improve, we're switching to the devanAgarI characters.​

​​

> > Also, I never could type udAtta and anudAtta acecnts defined in
> > sa-itrans.mim to work. Can someone help?

What cha
​​
racter sequence should "udAtta" and "anudAtta"
produce?
​​

​The original idea was that:
 '' should​ produce udAtta