m17n-list

Re: [m17n-list] IAST-Transliteration Problem with ~Sign

From: Christoph Gorgulla
Subject: Re: [m17n-list] IAST-Transliteration Problem with ~Sign
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 16:55:25 +0100

Dear Kenichi,

all IAST-letters work with IBus expect ~n. Usually if I write a '.' or a ';' then these letters are underlined because the input method recognizes these letters as special input letters, and waits for the next letter until the underline disappears. But if I write ~ then no underline appears at all. ITRANS seems to work fine.

I use bash. I tried m17n-edit again, and this time it worked better, the menus and the log-file (I don't know why it didn't work before). Here is the content of the log-file:

  [IM] opening (sa IAST) ...  ok
  [IM] creating context (IAST sa) ...  (shift init)
 ok
  [IM] [init] handle `input-focus-in' unhandled
  [IM] [init] handle `ISO_Level3_Shift' unhandled
  [IM] [init] handle `~' submap-found
  [IM] [init] handle `n' submap-found map-actions: insert("ñ")
  [IM] [init] (shift init)
 (commit U+00F1)

  [IM] [init] (produced U+00F1)  [IM] destroying context (IAST sa) ...  done
  [IM] closing (IAST sa) ...  done

Best wishes,
Christoph

On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 12:55 PM, K. Handa <address@hidden> wrote:
In article <address@hidden>, Christoph Gorgulla <address@hidden> writes:

> m17n-edit is installed on my system. When I type "~n" in the opened window then
> it works and ñ appears.

Hmm, then the problem is in IBus itself or in ibus-m17n.
With German keyboard, is "~n" the only key sequence that
doesn't work, or all key sequences don't work?  Hown about
some other input methods; e.g. sa-itrans?

> However no log file is created, I don't know why. I

Which shell are you using?  With csh (and perhaps tcsh), you
must use ">&" instead "&>".

> also cannot use the menus which are present in the opened window, they close
> immediately again if I release the mouse button, and

That's a correct behavior, but

> releasing the mouse button while a menu item is chosen
> also doesn't work.

that's strange.  Which menu have you tried?

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden