m17n-list

Re: [m17n-list] Patch- new layout for Marathi language - minglish

From: anish patil
Subject: Re: [m17n-list] Patch- new layout for Marathi language - minglish
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 20:29:05 +0530

Hi Handa San!

Minglish is just colloquial term used in Maharashtra which is state in
India where Marathi language is used.
Mignlish is nothing but Roman transliteration using English-like key
sequence though there are other input methods such as phonetic and
itrans available each has its limitations. So Minglish is nothing but
combination of itrans and phonetic input method.

Thanks,
Anish

--
Anish Patil