m17n-list

Re: [m17n-list] problem with switching between language inputs

From: handa
Subject: Re: [m17n-list] problem with switching between language inputs
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2016 00:02:32 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Eric Streit <address@hidden> writes:

> I use ibus on debian/jessie

> I use 5 input methods:

> French, Russian, Chinese (hanzi), Chinese (pinyin) and Korean. (M17n
> package and modules for Chinese input)

> My defauly layout is AZERTY French.

What do you mean by "default layout"?  If you already have AZERTY
keyboard, why do you have to use French input method?

Anyway...

> When switching to Hanzi and back to French, the layout is stable. The
> "a" letter remains where it is on the French keyboard.

> But when I switch from French-> pinyin -> hanzi, the hanzi layout
> becommes based on a QWERTY keyboard.

> Soetimes it's just unpredictable, depending on the different switches ...

> How could be the original layout (French)  be stable when switching?

I think that problem is not caused by the m17n library because that
library is just given a symbolic key from ibus, it does not have a
facility to change your layout.  Have you discussed that problem with
ibus people?

---
K. Handa
address@hidden