m17n-list

Re: [m17n-list] [M17N] Request to add Bengali Jatiyo keyboard layout sup

From: handa
Subject: Re: [m17n-list] [M17N] Request to add Bengali Jatiyo keyboard layout support
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2016 23:28:52 +0900

Hi,

In article <address@hidden>, Pavel Sayekat <address@hidden> writes:

> I am really helped by this project as it enables us to use many Bengali
> keyboard layouts and I would really love to see the Jatiya keyboard layout
> support of bn_BD (Bangladesh) localization (ref:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bengali_input_methods#Bangla_Jatiyo) to be
> added to this project. In this context I will be available to help you
> anyway I can if its necessary.

It's not difficult to create such kind of an input method.  I prepared a
template MIM file.  Please  modify it as this:

1. In the "discription" section, current text is for Probhat layout.
Please change it for Jatiya layout.

2. In the "trans" section, current mapping is for Probhat too.  Please
change the mapping for Jatiya.

3. Save the file as ~/.m17n.d/bn-jatiya.mim.

4. Restart the input method engine (you may have to logout and login
again for that), and check if bn-jatiya is available.

5. If it doesn't work, please send me the modified bn-jatiya.mim.  I'll
check it.  If it does work, please send me it anyway.  I'll commit it to
the repository.

---
K. Handa
address@hidden