m17n-list

Re: [m17n-list] Modifier Keys for fcitx-m17n?

From: handa
Subject: Re: [m17n-list] Modifier Keys for fcitx-m17n?
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 22:37:57 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Richard Wordingham <address@hidden> writes:

> Thank you for giving me a working example.  Unfortunately, it does not
> work in fcitx-m17n.  Indeed, I cannot get AltGr to work with ibus-m17n
> or uim-m17n either.  On Linux systems, is there any way to get AltGr
> to work in an m17n keyboard?

I found this code in fcitx-m17h.c (in fcitx-m17n).
MSymbol KeySymToSymbol (FcitxKeySym sym, unsigned int state)
{
    /*
     Rationale:

     This function converts fcitx key symbols to m17n key symbols.
[...]
    // This is mysterious. - xiaq
    if (mask & FcitxKeyState_ScrollLock) {
        strcat(prefix, "G-");
    }
[...]

Actually "FcitxKeyState_ScrollLock" is very mysterious, but it seems
that fcitx-m17n somehow tries to generate an input key symbol modified
by AltGr for m17n-lib.  At the moment I can't try it because I don't
know how to generate "AltGr"ed key on my Japanese keyboard.

---
K. Handa
address@hidden