m17n-list

Re: [m17n-list] Fwd: the input method for Hokkien Chinese (Min Nan, ISO

From: K. Handa
Subject: Re: [m17n-list] Fwd: the input method for Hokkien Chinese (Min Nan, ISO 639 code) POJ romanization orthography is made.
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2018 21:46:24 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, "Chen, Chien-ting" <address@hidden> writes:

> I've create a input method for Hokkien Chinese (nan) POJ (see wikipedia:

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pe%CC%8Dh-%C5%8De-j%C4%AB). It might be
> the oldest Latin writing form for Hokkien.

> However, it's only a map for "the ascii code and tone number of finals"
> to "the correct form of the finals in POJ".

I see.

> It might be implemented with the tone marking algorithm and the
> manipulation of surrounding characters (of cursor) like Vietnamese
> (eg. vi-telex.mim) in the future if I have enough time. Besides, it's
> not as smart as what Vietnamese IM do.

If your nan-poj.mim lists almost all necessary syllables, there's no
need of using the technique used in vietnamese IMs.  But, if the number
of required syllables is much much more, some algorithmic method is
better.  Is the rule of putting diacritics as simple as pinyin?  If so,
please see zh-pinyin.mim which is much simpler than vietnamese one.

---
K. Handa
address@hidden