m17n-list

Hebrew

From: Paul Gesting
Subject: Hebrew
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2020 17:46:13 +0200

Thank you very much for the m17n library! I have been using it for years.

I have been on Ubuntu 18.04LTS and just upgraded to Ubuntu 20.04. I upgraded through the do-release-upgrade script instead of a fresh install.

However, now ibus cannot kind the m17n Hebrew language. The file he-kbd.mim is in the /usr/share/m17n directory, but it is not showing up in ibus preferences. I tried uninstalling and re-installing both ibus and m17n. It looks like this option is not in the xml file that comes out of "ibus read-cache" so maybe there is  something in the file that ibus does not like? Is there a way to see the output of what ibus searches for? Maybe there is a parsing error or something?

It looks like it is using ibus 1.5.22 and ibus-m17n version 1.4.2-1.

Perhaps the language code for Hebrew changed? Any help that you can give would be appreciated!

Thanks
Paul