m17n-list

Re: Hebrew

From: Mike FABIAN
Subject: Re: Hebrew
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 14:59:36 +0200

Parag Nemade <pnemade@redhat.com> さんはかきました:

> Hi Paul,
>
> On Fri, May 8, 2020 at 11:55 PM Paul Gesting <lists@gesting.us> wrote:
>>
>> Just following up. I did a brand new install of 20.04 LTS and got
>> the same problem. The m17n Hebrew kbd layout is not an option in the
>> ibus preferences. So it does not look like it was an issue with the
>> upgrade from 18.04, but looks like it is an issue with 20.04. Any
>> help would be appreciated! If you could point me to how to debug why
>> ibus doesn't read the he-kbd.mim file correctly maybe I could try to
>> help!
>
> The ibus-m17n disabled it already (since long) because it's believed
> that kdb type of keyboards are the same as xkb keyboards. See
> https://github.com/ibus/ibus-m17n/blob/master/src/default.xml#L16
>
> If you still want to use it, maybe you need to modify this installed
> file on your system to enable kbd selection in ibus.

You can also use he-kbd.mim via ibus-typing-booster, see:

http://mike-fabian.github.io/ibus-typing-booster/documentation.html
http://mike-fabian.github.io/ibus-typing-booster/documentation.html#setup-dictionaries-input-methods

In the input-method setup, add “he-kbd”.

--
Mike FABIAN <mfabian@redhat.com>
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。