make-w32

Invoking devenv from gnu make file using cygwin

From: prokash
Subject: Invoking devenv from gnu make file using cygwin
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 14:32:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

I'm having hard time to figure out why I can not invoke devenv.exe to build
components...

<<<1>>>
The error I get is ---
--- build_osip_new started ....
cd osip2/platform/vsnet  && \
        /cygdrive/d/Program\ Files/Microsoft\ Visual\ Studio\
8/Common7/IDE/devenv.exe  osip2.sln \/Build release
make: *** [BUILD_OSIP_NEW] Error 1
/bin/sh: -c: line 0: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'
/bin/sh: -c: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file
<<</1>>>

If I ignore the arguments, then the command brings up the IDE environment
... ( so that tells me that I can invoke the binary from the foo.mak file.

If I ignore the /Build release then it bringsup the IDE and loads with the
solution ... (so it tells me I'm in the right directory to bring or execute
the .sln file ).

But I have no idea to get a clean build ( release or debug ) using the way
I'm using from a GNU makefile.

Any help?

thanks
-p