make-w32

Re: Switching off the case sensitivity for Windows files

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Switching off the case sensitivity for Windows files
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2011 06:34:18 -0500

> Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 09:39:20 +0100
> From: Karl <address@hidden>
>
> being new to gnu make, I did not find out how to switch off
> the case sensitivity regarding all file accesses, e.g. enable
> make to find XXyyZZ.CPP as source for a "%.obj : %.cpp".

You can't, not without rebuilding Make from sources (after defining
HAVE_CASE_INSENSITIVE_FS in config.h.W32).  I don't know how many
users use this option on Windows (I don't), so I cannot say if Make is
reliable with it.

Care to tell why you need this?  Do you _really_ have *.CPP files, or
was that just an example?  If the problem is with file-name
extensions, you could take care of it by defining suitable rules for
both %.cpp and %.CPP etc.