make-w32

Re: [Tinycc-devel] I want to port make on Windows using tcc compiler

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] I want to port make on Windows using tcc compiler
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 21:33:57 +0200

[Please keep the make-w32 list on the CC.]

> From: "Christian Jullien" <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 20:23:33 +0100
>
> I see. In this case I need an advice.
>
> As you probably understand now, I want a simple mechanism which allows a
> non-technical user to rebuild gnumake.exe from an official distrib (like
> 4.3) and tcc.exe + cmd.exe (that's all).
> For example, with Visual C++ installed, build_w32.bat works perfectly and
> produces a fully working gnumake.exe (without the need to get mentioned
> template file).
> I want to do exactly the same replacing default cl by tcc.

OK, but what kind of advice do you need?  The changes to the template
file, if accepted, will eventually be propagated into config.h.W32 in
the release tarball, and so if you can build the tarball by editing
the config.h.W32 file, you will be able to do the same after the patch
for the template is accepted and installed.

> So, here is the patch to apply to template file:
>
> F:\wintcc\make>diff config.h.W32.new config.h.W32.template

Please use "diff -u" or "diff -c".

> Can you please add it as well as my modified build_w32.bat ?

Please also show the diffs for the batch file.