maposmatic-dev

Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Methodological question

From: Maxime Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Methodological question
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 13:50:17 +0200

Hi,

* David MENTRE <address@hidden> [2009-09-03 12:19:44]:

> I'm think of:
>  * making a branch (different from master and origin);
>  * coding in that branch;
>  * submit it, either trough a public repository or patches.
>
> The integrator will pull my changes and optionally merge the branch if
> this is ok.
>
> Is this the Correct Way To Do It(tm)?

In all cases, development should happen in a separate branch than master
on your local repository. So the first part is done by "normal,
like-it-should-be-done development with git". When you're done working
on your branch, you can either:

  (a) push this branch to a public repository with:
        git push origin my_local_branch:remote_branch_name
      or simply 'git push'

  (b) use git format-patch and git send-email to send the patch series
      to the list, where it will be reviewed and eventually integrated
      (either by you if we all agree you can do it, or by the
      pre-defined integrator/gate keeper person)

- Maxime
--
Maxime Petazzoni <http://www.bulix.org>
 ``One by one, the penguins took away my sanity.''