maposmatic-dev

[Maposmatic-dev] [bug #27467] Some streets of the index are not visible

From: Maxime Petazzoni
Subject: [Maposmatic-dev] [bug #27467] Some streets of the index are not visible on the map
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 09:53:53 +0000

Follow-up Comment #1, bug #27467 (project maposmatic):

It's the street from the "Quai de la Prevalaye" to the recycling POI.
Definitely a zoom issue. There's a dilemma here: what do we do with streets
whose names aren't displayed on the map? I don't think we should remove them
from the index, since the square indication can still help locate the street.
But we also can't put the names of all the streets in the city as they
sometimes don't fit.

I think this is a low-priority problem since the map and index, as-is, can
still provide helpful information to locate the street and direct the user
into the right 500x500m square. Finding the street then is not as hard.

Also, this specific problem can be solved by the "downtown" zoom box, which
is a feature we haven't yet implemented.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?27467>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/