maposmatic-dev

Re: [Maposmatic-dev] MapOSMatic update

From: Thomas Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] MapOSMatic update
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 11:06:49 +0200

Le Wed, 7 Oct 2009 10:25:13 +0200,
Maxime Petazzoni <address@hidden> a écrit :

> I'm looking forward to the test results on the high-end server.

The import was started yesterday afternoon, the current status is:

 Processing: Node(449417k) Way(21723k) Relation(0k)

I have however no idea whether this is fast or not. We'll see at the
end of the import, since the osm2pgsql command is run inside time.
However, I forgot to adjust osm2pgsql cache size on the command line,
so we might get slower than expected performances. But anyway, we're
not particularly interested in the performances on the first important,
but rather :

 * The performances on the application of the daily diff ;

 * The performances when rendering the maps.

As reported by David on http://news.maposmatic.org/?p=17, there are
probably some issues in our requests, since they are very slow compared
to the requests needed for the rendering.

BTW, there is a special issue of « GNU/Linux Magazine France »
dedicated to PostgreSQL currently available at the nearest bookshop. But
I don't know how much things are related to optimizations in this
magazine.

Sincerly,

Thomas
--