maposmatic-dev

Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Fwd: Making it easier to translate

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Fwd: Making it easier to translate
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2012 11:04:02 +0200

Hello Guttorm,

2012/4/7 Guttorm Flatabø <address@hidden>:
> Sign up, give me your username and I'll add you as maintainers and give you
> the necessary access rights. To transfer "ownership" it seems I have to send
> in a request for that to be done manually.

My user name: dmentre

>> Also, what would be the bi-directional workflow for the .po files? On
>> one side, we regularly need to inject into Transifex the new strings to
>> translate, and on the other side, we regularly need to fetch from
>> Transifex the latest translation updates. How would this work?
>

> I've set up the ocistysmap.pot to be automatically updated
> from
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/maposmatic/ocitysmap.git/plain/locale/ocitysmap.pot,

OK for the .pot reference file. BUt regarding individually translated
.po file. Is there a way to also import *our* .po file?

> I've set it up so that all members of Transifex can contribute to the
> translations now. The default is to only allow approved "language teams" to
> translate. We can do that later, if preferred.

I don't know. We can be quite open at the beginning and see if the
translations are good enough.

> So it is the right place to report bugs, just not very much in use?

Yes, this is the right place to report bugs. In fact, I assigned this
bug to Maxime. I should have assigned it to myself and send a patch.
:-)

> Or we can add a translator comment that it need not be translated.

How can that be done?

Best regards,
d.