maposmatic-dev

Re: [Maposmatic-dev] [Maposmatic-contact] MapOSMatic and GErman Map Styl

From: Thomas Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] [Maposmatic-contact] MapOSMatic and GErman Map Style
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 10:53:30 +0200

Le Tue, 24 Apr 2012 09:49:02 +0200,
Sven Geggus <address@hidden> a écrit :

> Thomas Petazzoni schrieb am Montag, den 23. April um 22:35 Uhr:
>
> > It is apparently using the to_char() psql function to convert from a
> > float to a string, but in our database, the "ele" column is already a
> > text column. Maybe the Mapnik German stylesheet is out-of-date compared
> > to the default.style available in modern versions of osm2pgsql?
>
> Quite the opposite. We use a custom stylefile:
> http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/rendering/mapnik-german/default.style

Yes, I saw this custom stylefile. Unfortunately, if every stylesheet
comes with its own stylefile that isn't compatible with the one of
other stylesheets, it makes it quite difficult for services such as
MapOSMatic to provide different stylesheets :-)

> In this style width and ele colums are intentionaly imported as floating
> point numbers. We are currently not using this but we intend to do so in
> future. For a generic osm2pgsql database just replace the "to_char ... as
> ele" construct by "ele" only and you are done.

Ok, I will try this.

> I think I should add these subtle differences to the README file.

That would be great, yes!

Thanks,

Thomas
--