maposmatic-dev

Re: [Maposmatic-dev] About Transifex and Turkish translation

From: Hakan Tandogan
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] About Transifex and Turkish translation
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 22:37:37 +0100

Hi David,

what a nice coincidence, I was actually about to write an email to the list about the same topic.

I have collected some experience with my Android projects at transifex and an automated workflow for translating stuff and moving in to git. Basically, I let stuff be translated on transifex (o.k., well, for now I do all translating by myself, but the principle stands) and then have a nightly cron job which pulls the data from transifex and pushes in into my repos at github.

To easily seperate my own code changes from whatever is coming traslation wise, I use a seperate user for those git commits. You can see the results at github[1] and ohloh[2].

I have already asked for and received team membership for maposmatic at savannah, if you guys would give me administrative access at transfix as well, I would be very happy to assume responsibility for this part of the project.

Regards,
Hakan

[1]: https://github.com/hakan42/xing-sync/commits/master

[2]: https://www.ohloh.net/p/xing-sync/commits/summary