maposmatic-dev

Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Merry Christmas MapOSMatic

From: Maxime Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Merry Christmas MapOSMatic
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 12:48:43 -0800

* Jeroen van Rijn <address@hidden> [2012-12-16 20:32:27]:

> I have one remark: Very nice work, html5 bootstrappy goodness for the win!

Thanks!

> And one suggestion: "The rendering daemon is running and the GIS
> database was updated 3 minutes ago2012-12-16 19:17:02." Maybe
> instead of using <span> for the timestamp use <time> to mark up
> dates? The html5shiv code should normalise its markup for browsers
> which don't yet support it.

Hmm, I'll look into it.

> Also, I noticed that the update time was listed in UTC without
> mentioning so explicitly, so seeing 3 minutes ago and a tooltip
> which is a bit further in the past could be confusing. Perhaps the

Yeah I need to tweak the datetime formats all around. All dates and
times should be UTC, I just need to append 'Z' to them to denote so.

> That's the extent of my thoughts  on this for now. :)
> Am looking forward to seeing this new design on the main site.

Likewise :) But we need the translations updated first, we now have a
"tradition" of a well-translated web sites in many languages, so we
should keep that.

/Max
--
Maxime Petazzoni <http://www.bulix.org>
 ``One by one, the penguins took away my sanity.''