maposmatic-dev

Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Add Humanitarian style as an option for Maposmatic

From: David MENTRÉ
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Add Humanitarian style as an option for Maposmatic
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 20:57:33 +0100

Hello Maning,

First of all, sorry for the delay in our reply.

2013-11-12 03:06, maning sambale:
Is it possible to add the Humanitarian map style developed by HOT as
an option [1]?

It should be doable, however I have identified two issues:

1. The style (https://github.com/hotosm/HDM-CartoCSS) is using a specific tool-chain (cartocc??) that we need to install and configure;

2. The OSM data requires the "hstore column" (see https://github.com/hotosm/HDM-CartoCSS/blob/master/README.md , "Importing data" section). I don't' think we have this hstore column in our OSM database and that might be a blocker.

Maxime or Thomas: do you know if we have or not this hstore column in our database?

The other issue is that we are all core developers pretty busy.

Best regards,
david