maposmatic-dev

Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Back to MapOSmatic

From: Maël REBOUX
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Back to MapOSmatic
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 22:17:29 +0100

Le 24 mars 2015 à 16:27, Maxime Petazzoni <address@hidden> a écrit :

> * Maël REBOUX <address@hidden> [2015-03-23 23:11:37]:
>
>> Hello.
>>
>> Back to MapOSmatic 2 years after the initial project of breton langage city
>> map…
>>
>> First (stupid) question : how to know the version of OCitySMap ?
>> Installed in 2012 on my VM.
>
> We don't really version things. We just go by the git commit. Do:
>
>  $ git rev-parse HEAD
>
> To figure out the commit SHA that you are on.

$ git rev-parse HEAD
5a38ee57c5dd214d20b0d6b7cd1e3511f536d8e4

>> Second question : how to update / upgrade ?
>> Simply git clone and rename old folder ?
>
> If you already have a git clone, just go into it and run:
>
>  $ git pull --rebase
>
> And you should be good to go!

nope :(

$ git pull --rebase
Cannot pull with rebase: You have unstaged changes.
Please commit or stash them.

I work with git essentially for issues and documentation. I’m not a coder as
well.
But i’m not totally rookie ;)

$git status
# On branch master
# Changes not staged for commit:
#   (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
#   (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)
#
#       modified:   stylesheet/maposmatic-printable/inc/layer-placenames.xml.inc
#       modified:   stylesheet/maposmatic-printable/inc/layer-water.xml.inc
#       modified:   stylesheet/maposmatic-printable/osm.xml
#
# Untracked files:
#   (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)
#
#       stylesheet/maposmatic-printable/README
#       stylesheet/maposmatic-printable/generate_image.py
#       stylesheet/maposmatic-printable/generate_tiles.py
#       stylesheet/maposmatic-printable/generate_tiles_multiprocess.py
#       stylesheet/maposmatic-printable/generate_xml.py
#       stylesheet/maposmatic-printable/get-coastlines.sh
#       stylesheet/maposmatic-printable/legend.py
#       stylesheet/maposmatic-printable/mkshield.pl
#       stylesheet/maposmatic-printable/osm_org.xml
#       stylesheet/maposmatic-printable/polytiles.py
#       stylesheet/maposmatic-printable/zoom-to-scale.txt
no changes added to commit (use "git add" and/or "git commit -a")

I have modified the stylesheet to show only breton place names and any others.
Do I have to save this files out there or can I use git to tell « keep my files
locally modified » ?