maposmatic-dev

Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Modernize MapOSMatic

From: Hartmut Holzgraefe
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Modernize MapOSMatic
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 19:20:30 +0100

On 21.10.2016 11:36, Étienne Loks wrote:
> Hi MapOSMatic team,
>
> I have made some changes in ocitysmap in order to make it work with
> mapnik3. I have temporary cloned the current source in another
> repository:
> https://gitlab.com/iggdrasil/ocitysmap

I've merged your changes into my own fork, an created a separate
"mapnik3" branch in my Vagrant test setup for testing:

https://github.com/hholzgra/maposmatic-vagrant/tree/mapnik3

It mostly works as expected, but there's one glitch here,
font sizes for labels seem to be wrong in CartoOSM output:

http://www.osm-baustelle.de/test-CartoOSM.png

The strange part about this is that it only affects the
default OSM style, but none of the other style sheets I'm testing
with. Especially the German Carto style does still work fine, even
though it is based on the CartoOSM style ...

Any idea what could be causing this? Missing fonts maybe, with a
bad replacement font being picked?

This is the complete list of packages that I'm installing:

https://github.com/hholzgra/maposmatic-vagrant/blob/mapnik3/inc/install-packages.sh

Maybe you can spot something that's missing?

--
hartmut