masterlibre-list

Re: Introducing myself (was: Re: [Masterlibre-list] Re: Propuesta de reu

From: Ciaran O'Riordan
Subject: Re: Introducing myself (was: Re: [Masterlibre-list] Re: Propuesta de reunion)
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 01:02:31 +0000

(not sure if my last mail went to the list, slight mailer trouble, now fixed)

   From: "Jaime E. Villate" <address@hidden>
   On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 11:15:36PM +0000, address@hidden wrote:
   > I'm a Free Software activist living in Ireland.
   >
   > From the savannah projects page, I'm assuming this is a project to
   > create a post-graduate Free Software course for Universities and
   > colleges.  If this is correct, I'll ask Irish Universities to adopt
   > this course when it's ready.

   Great. Welcome. It is nice to have people from other European
   countries and your expertise can help us when we start discussing what
   the curriculum for the masters program should be.

I'm limitted to speaking english, and I understand you might have to
produce documents in spanish/portugues/french, but I'll help when I
can.

   > I'm working on a lot of other FS projects at the moment, so I won't be
   > contributing, but I'd like to stay up to date so that I can inform
   > others of this course when the time comes.

   That's OK. You can help us a lot just by contributing to our
   discussions to shape the program and to pass the word to porspective
   students in your country. Are you working in a University?

I don't work in a university, but I know people that do.  In January
I'll be setting up an FS organisation in Ireland.  Getting
universities to provide an FS masters course would be a good project.

--
Ciaran O'Riordan - http://www.compsoc.com/~coriordan/