masterlibre-list

RE: [Masterlibre-list] Erasmus Mundus

From: Jesus M. Gonzalez-Barahona
Subject: RE: [Masterlibre-list] Erasmus Mundus
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 00:52:24 +0100

Hi,

I just want to introduce you to the CALIBRE project, http://calibre.ie ,
in which some of the people in this list (including me) are partners.
CALIBRE is not mainly devoted to education, but it has some activities
related to training. Among them, there is the definition of curricula
related to libre software, suitable for its use in Europe, in
relationship to the needs by the industry.

Since all of this is quite related to the objectives of this list, I'd
like to propose to join activities of these two groups, in the part
related to the definition of master (and related) studies. If you agree
with this, I'd also propose to start this relationship in the Barcelona
meeting, which could then be a joint event (MoLOS-CALIBRE), of that
matters...

This would imply that on that meeting we will have to different
discussions. First, we will be talking about the definition of such
curricula "in general" (or probably, recommendations for such a
curricula) in the European context. Second, those interested in the
specific Erasmus Mundus proposal can also discuss about how to schedule
the work about it. I guess David is already working in an agenda for the
meeting along these guidelines (since anyway, discussing about the
curricula is an important part of the Erasmus Mundus discussion).

Any comment is welcome...

Saludos,

        Jesus.