masterlibre-list

[Masterlibre-list] Open educational symposium in OSS2005

From: Jesus M. Gonzalez-Barahona
Subject: [Masterlibre-list] Open educational symposium in OSS2005
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 23:43:03 +0200

Hi all,

I guess some of you know that I'm chair in the Open Educational
Symposium in OSS2005, http://oss2005.case.unibz.it/ I've arranged with
the organization a panel on postgraduate (and maybe also graduate, if
there were interest) studies in libre software. I'd like to have there
at least those of you with a master "in production", or due to start
next year. Experiences about courses on libre software or related topics
will also be interesting. If you are interested in participating in the
panel (and delivering a short presentation), let me know asap, as
deadline is close. We have a limited number of slots for the
presentations, but I'd like to give room to as many of you as possible.

Those of you accepted to participate in the panel will be considered
invited speakers, and as such won't need to register to the confeterence
for attending the panel. However, probably you want to register, so that
in that case you can attend the rest of the educational symposium, and
the main conference. If this were the case, as invited speakers, you
will have also space for an up-to-four-pages-long paper on the
experiences with your master or course, to be prepared with a close
deadline (ask for details if you are interested).

Since I expect many of you to be around, I guess this could also be a
good opportunity to have a small meeting of the MoLOS group. We will
have also many of the CALIBRE guys around (there is a CALIBRE meeting
there), and I have confirmation by the coordinator of SIGOSSEE that he
will also be there for the educational symposium. So this could be the
first MoLOS-CALIBRE-SIGOSSEE event ;-)

Saludos,

        Jesus.

--
Contribute to keep Europe free of software patents!
-----