masterlibre-list

Re: [Masterlibre-list] Proposed agenda for the MoLOS meeting in Stuttgar

From: Janis Gailis
Subject: Re: [Masterlibre-list] Proposed agenda for the MoLOS meeting in Stuttgart
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 12:36:05 +0200

   At Agder University College (AUC) there has been some development in
the direction of offering master courses in floss related subjects. At
fall 2005 a floss-related (practically oriented) course (10 ECTS units)
in Content Management Systems (based on OSS eZPublish CMS, ez.no) will
be offered.

   There is also some progress in Bologna process related issues (as
truly joint-degrees etc.) in the Norwegian higher-education system,
since politicians are more and more interested in floss-related issues.

   Anyway, it is more important to concentrate on using the courses in
existing master or bachelor programs for the joint projects (through the
floss development principles). There is interest for such an approach at
the AUC and at the University in Oslo.

   IMHO, some effort has to be put into design of international projects
that can be used as real-life cases in educational situations. AUC works
on a concrete project related to an Open Culture Management System with
the main objective to develop a distributed system for cultural
information (in arts, sports and education). Such a project can generate
cases for floss projects and student involvement (across the countries)
can be one of the main issues in this context.

   I cannot attend the meeting at Stuttgart, but would like to attend
the meeting in Genove in July, and present the AUC's plans and
floss-related course development projects. I would like to propose an
agenda task about establishing international projects gaining the
Internet community and using those projects in education. I suppose
you'll find a day and time for the Genove meeting in Stuttgart?

Janis Gailis
Assistant Professor
Agder University College
Department of Information Systems