masterlibre-list

Re: [Masterlibre-list] Libre Software Meeting - Dijon, July, 5th to Jul

From: Jesus M. Gonzalez-Barahona
Subject: Re: [Masterlibre-list] Libre Software Meeting - Dijon, July, 5th to July, 9th
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 23:21:40 +0200

Hi, Eric,

Unfortunately, I can't come to Dijon. I have been willing to go LSM for
several years now, and for one reason of another, I have not been able
(yet).

Thanks for the promotion of MoLOS. WRT to discussions, there is one that
we have to address sooner of later: how to design a master on libre
software when grade studies are "generalistic" (as is the case in
France, from what I know). In other countries, postgrade can be designed
for people with good knowledge on computer architecture, programming,
operating systems, data communications, etc. Therefore, a master with
low "technical" content is feasible. But that is not that clear when
undergrade includes little "specific" IT knowledge...

(Just my two cents ;-) )

Saludos,

        Jesus.