masterlibre-list

[Masterlibre-list] MoLOS Status in the countries?

From: Anne Østergaard
Subject: [Masterlibre-list] MoLOS Status in the countries?
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 13:20:17 +0100

MoLOS Status in the countries?

Dear list members

I feel that it is time to re-new our overview over universities where
the full Master Libre is offered to students and as supplementary
courses to other interested parties such as company employees.

If you could please send about 8 lines on the present status at your
university mentioning the courses being offered and when they started
and possibly links to more information on your university websites in
English or of course in your local language.

If possible within one week. For use at the "Autour du Libre" Conference
in Brest. http://www.autourdulibre.org/

You might even have some evaluation material available?
http://www.odfalliance.org/join.html
I know that a very extensive MoLOS curriculum exists in Spanish. Is it
online now in full or partly?

We have had important Libre education experiences in a number of
countries: Spain, Italy, UK, France, Norway and Sweden and in a number
of Spanish speaking countries in Latin America etc. (Please forgive me
if I forgot some countries. Korea and Japan your experiences?)

I think that Janis Gailis came up with the idea of making some sort of
investigation and a list of how much Libre Software and how much Libre
Software Education Courses were already a reality in various parts of
the world.

Actually it would be interesting to know how many universities were at
the moment using Libre Software and to which degree. Is it possible for
students to use only free software in correspondence with their
university? Can they sign up for courses and deliver their reports using
free programs?

At the moment the dialog is going on, on whether open standards such as
the ODF and others should be voluntary or a part of the specifications
that must to be met when software is being purchased by state agencies
for there correspondence with their citysens etc.

If the use of open standards were mandatory it would not be so risky for
universities to migrate to other free or proprietary applications- they
could even use a mix of both kinds of software if so wanted provided
that the programs were interoperable.
http://www.odfalliance.org/contact.html
http://www.odfalliance.org/join.html

Best wishes