masterlibre-list

Re: [Masterlibre-list] [Fwd: master open source]

From: David Megías
Subject: Re: [Masterlibre-list] [Fwd: master open source]
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 11:25:19 +0100

Dear all,

On Dec 25, 2007 10:25 PM, Succi Giancarlo (P) <address@hidden> wrote:
> Last year we have applied for EM and we have been rejected. We will try again
> this year. If anyone else is interested, we are happy to take him/her
> onboard. However, only programs of 120 can join our attempt; this is a
> requirement imposed to us.
> Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
> Giancarlo

The number of credits is not so critical for us. For example, our
Master Programme is scheduled for 60 credits, but we are offering:

- 20 ECTS in 4 mandatory subjects
- 60 ECTS in 12 ellective subjects
- 5 different branches of Master Thesis with 15 ECTS each

So the total amount of credits offered in our programme is 20 + 60 + 75 = 155.

In fact, we have reached an agreement with a Portuguese university and
they will offer a 90 ECTS programme based on our subjects (and a
couple of new ones).

I think we can create a consortium to offer different version of the
Master programme and the number of credits can be different for the
consortium partners. That's just my opinion.

In addition, I think it is far more important to have a European
consortium to offer similar Master programme studies in Free Software
than to apply for any EC quality seal, at least as a first step.

Best regards,

   David

   David Megias, PhD

   Estudis d'Informatica i Multimedia