mibble-users

RE: [Mibble-users] save loaded mibs

From: Rajneesh Watsh
Subject: RE: [Mibble-users] save loaded mibs
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:57:10 +0530

Hi,

Just some more thoughts,
You may also convert the tree data in XML and serialize it in XML.

Saving the data to a file (in XML or any other format) will help you to
ignore the parsing step in the MIB Loading and this will save a lot of
time. You can then provide the user an interface to compile the MIBs
into an intermediate format, and load from compiled MIBs which will be
faster. So the user can have a set of compiled mibs in MibbleBrowser
understandable format from which he can load faster. He will only then
need to re-compile the MIB, if the MIB undergoes some change.

For the first time, user will have to load from the MIB file directly.
MibbleBrowser will create a compiled MIB data file in the same folder.
Thus, from next time onwards, the MibbleBrowser can directly load from
the already compiled MIB data.

Warm Regards,
Watsh