mibble-users

[Mibble-users] Loading MIB files that are in a jar

From: Nigel Birch
Subject: [Mibble-users] Loading MIB files that are in a jar
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 12:34:52 -0700

Hi,

I have been using Mibble in a custom SNMP Manager application, and loading device-specific MIB files as text files in the file system.  Works great.

But now I need to package device specific MIB files in a jar, and distribute that with the application.

Looking at the MibLoader API, Im assuming I need to do the following:

1 call addResourceDir() with the full path of the directory in which the mib jar is located.

2 call load() with the name of a MIB file *within* the jar.

I am doing this, but I always get a FileNotFound exception.

Does anyone have experience with loading MIB files in a jar?

Thanks

NCB